Friday, July 13, 2007

Amanda’s Birthday Surprise

On Amanda’s birthday in 2003 I rode over to campus and swapped her tires and saddle while she was at work. I had forever been telling her that if the Rocky was going to be her commuter bike now that she had a fancy Cannondale for trail riding she should swap her tires over to slicks. She refused to believe that it would make that much of a difference. I also put on a Brooks saddle. The commute is half an hour each way. I thought it would be nice to ride on it for two half-hour stretches each day to break it in for when she wanted to do some touring. I have a brooks saddle, two actually, and LOVE them.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)

She of course noticed the saddle right away – it being a completely different colour from her old one and wrapped in a bow and all… She said she didn’t even notice the tires had been swapped until she got to the University Bridge and notice she was picking up speed a little quicker as she coasted down!

She hasn’t switched the tires back. The Brooks saddle is now on our tandem. I think it’s there because we rarely use it and I’ve never really been able to convince Amanda that once they’re broken in they’re so sweet to ride on… It also matches my saddle on the tandem (which is one of my Brooks).

No comments:

Post a Comment