Monday, July 30, 2007

Sunday Morning Breakfast Club Ride

Ryan from the M.O.B. (Maniacs on Bicycles) organized a Sunday morning “Breakfast Club” ride this past Sunday (same guy that organized the Midnight Ride).

(on a side note: I went on another midnight ride last weekend. While they’re good fun…. There’s still a few annoying gits on the roads in automobiles, and it’s waaaaaaaaay past my bed time, AND I was thinking I should start doing some long distance rides on Sunday mornings… so I’m not sure if I’ll be going out on those again… we shall see…)

This ride I decided to drag the family out. Ryan and his partner Emily were the only others that showed. We kicked off at City Hall at 9AM and tooled our way across the traffic (Victoria) bridge, along lower Sask cresent then up along 7th to Jerry’s Gourmet Food Emporium (Gourmet… heh… yeah…. Sems to me like it ought to be "Jerry's Glorified Fast Food Emporium"... but what do I know..?). I think we got there before ten, and a good 10 minutes of the ride was everyone waiting around for me to change a flat.

We had breakfast, which was okay. The kids liked it. Then we went our separate ways; Ryan and Emily to go grocery shopping, me and the family made our way home.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Everyone eating their breakfast.


Ryan and his sweet, old Supercycle folder. I had a similar one ages ago but it was grey and not nearly in as good of shape as Ryan’s. I think it’s currently in The Pile


Emily on her pink bike. I’m not entirely sure what make it is.


Amanda. The kids. Amanda took her commuter.

Good fun! Thanks again, Ryan!

Yo! Is anybody reading these? Does it rock or does it SUCK? Feel free to leave comments below….

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying seeing the different bikes and reading up on your bike outings. I'm working my way through your past logs.

    If you don't already have some posts about the pros and cons of different styles of bikes, this would be a topic I'd be interested to read up and learn about. Also anything about the history of older bikes.

    I enjoy seeing the old-school bikes still on the road. I just picked up two free bikes in great shape at a garage sale. One is in near mint shape and must be from the 70's or 80's (I'll have to investigate to figure it out).

    FYI, I don't usually comment because I read the blog in 5 to 10 minute chunks on breaks at work...

    ReplyDelete