Thursday, June 5, 2008

Race Schedule 2008

Just for fun and to give a bit more purpose to all this ”training” I thought I might go out to a few races…. (also the whole point of Amanda’s New ‘Cross Bike was so she could race cyclocross this year… I mean really, what else would you use a ‘cross bike for, right?!)

So here’s a tentative list of races you might see me embarrassing myself at:

8 June 08 - Bicycle Smile Alley Cat Race. Already paid Ryan my five bucks….

The rest are Sask Cycling Association races which can be found on their event calendar. The ones I’m planning on attending are as follows:

6 September – XC8 (Buffalo Pound Provincial Park)- an 8-hour mountain bike enduro race. Something about the epic nature of endurance racing appeals to me…

21 September – AGM ‘Cross (Saskatoon)

27 September - Buffalo Pound 60K (Guess where…) – One Word: “Epic”. It sounds like fun but we’ll have to see how things are going fitness-wise and finance-wise… This will be the most likely event to be dropped.

4-5 October – Regina Double ‘Cross (Regina, duh!)

18-19 October – Saskatoon Double ‘Cross (yeah, you got it – Saskatoon)

26 October – Sask ‘Cross Provincials (Saskatoon) – Usually held right outside my doorstep in beautiful Victoria Park!

I guess I better get an SCA membership sometime….

I’ll definitely be at the four ‘cross races in Saskatoon. The out of town races… well… In order of preference I think I’d like to make it to XC8, the Regina Double ‘Cross (thought these two might be reversed for Amanda….), and if possible the Buffalo Pound 60. As we’d have to rent a vehicle for any of these we’ll have to see how we’re doing later in the summer (…and what the price of gas is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment