Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

I just couldn't take it anymore... Last Thursday I took Finnegan to his violin group lesson on the bike. Saturday I hauled both kids around all day to dance and gymanastics classes. Monday I took Keria to her new dance class. Tuesday I took her to her last music class. Wednesday I hauled them both to Finnegan's Violin lesson. Thursday I hauled them both over to Dean and Isaac's, stopping at Steep Hill on teh way home to pick up $150 worth of groceries (after discount - it was sale day!) THEN hauled them both back over to the violin performance evening. finally Friday I hauled them both out to Simone's to play with Claire and Evelyn.... and i was feeling pretty good... until I spent a good chunk of the day Saturday just sitting around (while Amanda, being back from San Diego) took then to their Saturday activities... Saturday night... MAN, DID MY BUTT HURT!!!!


Taking Keira to Dance class on Monday - all snow and ice - but that is now (finally) disappearing rapidly!

One thing I notice was how dusty it is... I don't think I ever noticed that in the spring before. There's been so much gravel spread on teh roads throughout the winter. With each passing car a cloud of fine dust is thrown up into the air. monday was the worst - there wasn't much wind and the dust just hung over the Broadway Bridge - going up that bridge with every breath my mouth felt like it was filling with mud....

Anyway... back at it. Hopefully have some more time to post again soon.

2 comments:

  1. So how do you get around without bike and car in winter? Walking? Bus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either walking or bussing with the kids.

    I ride if I'm on my own.

    The winter this post is referring to was a special exception. I did no cycling. This was more to do with the fact that I had surgery in early December and more or less had to lay prone for a month. Things were still a little tender in January and February and I wanted to take it easy so everything healed up good... so I didn't end up doing any cycling at all...

    ReplyDelete